SLRA Mission Statement
“To provide a safe, reliable and sustainable national road system for the enhancement of the socio-economic development of the country” – through;
1. Regional Integration for the promotion of trade and commerce;
2. Transportation of agricultural produce to market centres;
3. Fair and even distribution of social facilities;
4. Reduction of transportation cost;
5. Reduction of vehicle operating cost; and
6. Reduction in travel time.
“To augment free, comfortable and timely movement of people and goods through the core road network in Sierra Leone”.
1. Build institutional capacity in order to better plan and manage our operations on a sustainable basis;
2. Maintain the country’s road network;
3. Develop and manage the national road network.
General Goals and Objectives of SLRA
The primary goals of the Sierra Leone Roads Authority is the provision of a national road system with an acceptable level of serviceability that will ensure physical access to basic social services and markets, through an improved and sustainably maintained road network. Within this overall goal, the development objectives of SLRA’s investment plan are to rehabilitate and sustainably maintain the road network, through enhanced local capacity, both in the public and private sector.
Latest news from our blog
STAKEHOLDERS HOLD STARTUP WORKSHOP ON PHASE III OF THE MRU ROAD PROJECT
The Sierra Leone Roads Authority in partnership with the Ministry of Works and Public Assets, the African Development Bank (AfDB) and other stakeholders has held a two-day Startup Workshop and[…]Read more
GOVERNMENT AWARDS CONTRACT FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF BUMPEH BRIDGE
GOVERNMENT AWARDS CONTRACT FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF BUMPEH BRIDGE The Sierra Leone Roads Authority (SLRA) and Compagnie Sahélienne ďEntreprises (CSE) on Tuesday, February 7, 2023 signed a contract worth US$8.5[…]Read more
GOVERNMENT AWARDS CONTRACT FOR THE UPGRADING OF THE KAILAHUN-BUEDU ROAD
GOVERNMENT AWARDS CONTRACT FOR THE UPGRADING OF THE KAILAHUN-BUEDU ROAD The Sierra Leone Roads Authority (SLRA) has, on behalf of the Government of Sierra Leone, awarded works contract to China[…]Read more